Sunday, June 09, 2013

So how did it go Friday?

It went pretty much as expected, SS is not the awake at 5:30 a.m. type. P was very brave to attempt waking her up at such an hour. I did what I do best, the coward thing, and did not even offer to help hm out.  SS was not amused at being rudely interrupted from dreamland and while P anticipated holding a placid SS, that is not what he got. SS can be very strong when she wants to be.  For me it works best to get ready then get SS ready once I'm done.  But P is going to be doing this all summer, and he needs to figure out what works best for him. I did take pity on him at the last minute and shared a sure way of getting SS's attention, I played of video of who else, but her favorite person, SS. That got her to open her eyes and we even got a smile from her. 

Summer is not going to be camp and lazing around for SS.  We still have dragon boat, along with Knott's and Soak City. SS will attend English and Spanish tutoring twice a week.  There's no way we can let her go without some sort of instruction for two months. We still have to tweak with the times, but we are hopeful we can work out the Wednesday tutoring without problems.  Tomorrow SS starts swimming lessons, and we are hoping it goes well. She missed it last year after splitting her chin.  Swimming is Monday through Thursday in the afternoon. 

Adding insult to injury I had to wake up SS early Saturday to sign up for swimming.  The cost is very reasonable, and the classes fill fast.  Not hard to do when there are only five children per class.  E's mom had someone standing in for her at 8:00 a.m. I recall P kissing me goodbye at around 6:30, then I opened my eyes and it was 8:30.  Yikes! I had to get SS out of bed and out the door in record time. Lucky for us most parents want the early morning classes, which left space for us late raisers.

SS received her camp T-shirt and she's very proud of being a big girl. P was laughing because the camp counselor asked him what size shirt. I told him he should have requested a 3XL, and explain that SS really bloats after a meal. 

Nope, not amused to be up at such an ungodly hour, to sign up for a class she does not want to take.

At least I had the forethought to grab some breakfast bars, juices and her iPad. And yes it is hers, we are giving up the pretense that it is mine. I always knew that is what P was up to. But it kept SS occupied and not a single whiny moment, so it is an awesome Mother's Day present to me.

SS just moved along the gym as we made our way through the three stations.

And she picked up a few friends along the way.

I'm all for sharing but not when it comes to expensive electronics. The iPad had to remain n her lap and the headphones on her head. SS had not trouble following the rules.


P thinks the pics would make a nice Apple commercial.

P recently bought SS a Batman Lego app and SS can't put it down.

No comments: