Friday, January 08, 2016

We are staying in today.


This was our night, and it was a long one. SS was tossing and turning and could not sleep then bolted to the bathroom. She was in there a while and I went to check on her, opening the door just in time to watch her throw up all over herself.

I felt awful for my poor baby because she caught whatever I had with worse results. It's a good thing I over pack because she ended up taking three baths and changing clothes a few more times. We had to resort to keep her with just undies at a point. We need to go to the laundromat later today to get her clothes washed.

We lined one of the trash cans with a shopping plastic bag and made it SS's puke bucket. You can see it on the night stand on the left side of the picture. It broke our hearts to see and hear SS cry. At her age I had logged many sick hours but SS doesn't get sick often. Last time she vomited was before me moved. SS was miserable.

P made a run a three in the morning to a pharmacy for med, Popsicles and baby wipes. SS finally settled and fell asleep around 5 a.m. It's almost eleven and SS has been awake for almost an hour and feels much better. We had a lot planned for today but there is no way we can risk going out after the night SS had. She says her tummy no longer hurts and there is no vomiting. However we think it's best to let her rest.

No comments: