Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Regressing and the big three o.

As we mentioned, SS is having a hard time dealing with the new big changes in her life. She has not had accidents at home in a while, but had an accident at school on Monday and Tuesday. She returns tomorrow for her third full day of the week. On Tuesday P was in charge of the morning routine, something he has not done before and SS fought him all the way. This included refusing to use the potty, something she does automatically for me every morning. P informed the school that SS needed to use the bathroom and we have no idea if they reminded her. SS was sent to the sophomore room after her accident and P was told that she will return to the junior room tomorrow. If she has another accident they would have to reevaluate whether she belongs in the junior room.

I was talking to SS this morning about her predicament. SS informed me that not only does she not want to return to the junior room, even though she likes the art projects better and gets to trace her name; but she does not want to return to the school at all. When asked why SS stated "Because Ms. A was mad." I asked if Ms. A was mad at her but SS would not provide more information. When I talked to P he stated that SS told him that Ms. A was mad at preschool yesterday, but would not offer more details. By the time I came home from class his brain was fried and he forgot.

I dropped SS off with P at work (she is really digging it there, thinks she works as a lab tech) and went to her school to find answers. Yesterday teacher helper Ms. K was sick and they had a sub. The kids were testing boundaries with the new sub and according to the director were wild and loud, Director D walked in the classroom because she had never heard such a commotion. As she arrived Ms. A was taking charge of the classroom and sternly told the hooligans to pipe down, that they were making poor choices and that she was not happy. SS was not part of the mayhem, which is hard to believe, but obviously took the admonishment seriously. Our girl is VERY sensitive and now we at least understand what happened.

This morning SS had shared something with me. She said "Mama, I like sharing my room with JJ. Not you and Baba, just JJ." There's gratitude for you, from the same child who takes over our room and bed without a thought. Maybe she thinks we actually like to share with her.

I had a doctor's appointment because for the past two weeks I have been having cough attacks that last too long. I usually see Dr. S, but she did not work today, so I saw her husband, Dr. J. The dude thinks he is a great comedian. He asked me how come after 10 years of dealing with asthma and allergies, it took me two weeks to realize I needed to see a doctor. Gee, I don't know oh mighty physician. Could it be that some of us do not like seeing doctors, you know, because there are hardly any good news associated with those visits? Or because the last time I walked into an emergency room I was hospitalized for a week and returned home sans a foot segment of my colon and a plastic bag attached to my torso? Seriously, I of all people have no reason to avoid doctor's offices. His diagnosis "Spring has sprung and it is trying to kill you." He should hang on to his day job.

But this visit actually had something very positive. When Nurse L called me to the scale, SS walked ahead of me and stepped on the scale. Out tiny troublemaker finally hit THIRTY POUNDS! Nurse L and I let out a YEAH!!!!! And there was fist pumping as well. W, the receptionist, who is crabby 99.9% of the time broke out the applause and congratulated SS on reaching this milestone. SS was so proud of herself, she was just beaming. It took her four years but she finally hit the big three o. Of course she is still five pounds away from the minimum weight to seat in a forward facing carseat.

Our 30 pound linebacker.

The pictures below were taken February 2, when we had a beautiful day amid all the rain that was bringing us down. SS was excited to use her Christmas gift from Abuela and Abuelo.









1 comment:

Brenda said...

Being chunky now suits her! :-)