Thursday, March 31, 2011

Srping has sprung, so let's talk about snow.

Finally catching up with some posts I neglected to get done. We have been blessed with beautiful weather for the past few days. Spring and its beauty are indeed responsible for my breathing difficulties, but that does not damper my enthusiasm for the sun and water fun that we will be enjoying in a few months. Who cares if I struggle to breathe? There are lots of worse things I can think of without such a great payout.

Now back to February 17 when we had yet another snow advisory. We live inland at at a very low elevation, so the most we have seen in three years is a light blanket of slush. Of course Murphy's law dictates that the day before SS's appointment for an ongoing cough, we get the most snow this area has seen in years at this elevation. I was nursing a cold as well (what else is new) and you can hear it in my voice in the video. Against my best judgment I decided to indulge SS, bundled her up and allowed her to have some fun. P called me and asked me to let her play, besides, if you have been here before you know that sound judgment is not my forté. I wish I had been as careful with myself, but ended up outside in a t-shirt, thin yoga pants, but at least I had my warm boots. I got so carried away taking pictures that I lost my balance and landed on my butt. I was wet, cold, shivering and could not get SS to come inside. She stayed outside for almost 90 minutes before I had to drag her inside kicking and screaming. But as is our motto, why bring children into our lives if we are not willing to endure occasional discomfort? SS had a blast and since she had an appointment the next day it eased my feelings of inadequacy somehow. It was truly worth freezing my you know what off.

Ready to catch some flakes.

Happy snow dance.

Getting used to her mittens. This is the smallest size available, allegedly for infants and small toddlers and they are so big on SS, the fair maiden with delicate hands and brutish manners.







This is what I woke up to the next morning, a first for us. It was fun but I can see how it would get old quickly if it was a daily occurrence. P helped me clear the snow, so I would not have to deal with it alone before SS's Dr.'s appointment.



No comments: