Sunday, January 13, 2013

A chef's work is never done.

SS had a busy Friday, after her scooter/balance bike adventure we headed home to make Baba's favorite specialty pizza.  The fixings are simple, garlic ranch sauce, mozzarella, chicken, tomatoes, green onions, Parmesan, oregano and basil. Simple but when combined very delicious.







SS is not a fan of tomatoes and green onions on her pizza. Since she eats enough vegetables we do not care.


A very clean SS and me with flour all over my shirt. I need to invest on an apron.

This should have been the end of SS's cooking for the day, but P had a hankering for peanut butter cookies, and would not be denied. I suggested to wait until Saturday and P looked at me as though I had grown an extra head. So off to baking they went after dinner.







SS's baking tool came in very handy.




Because the cookies were not decadent enough I suggested adding Hershey's Kisses, P agreed right away.



The cookies were delicious, although I have had only one, just not a peanut cookie person. What I enjoyed the most was SS's and P's kitchen time. P is not a cook with your child person, just does not have the patience. When I tell him that it is about SS learning her way around the kitchen, he gives me the look. The look that means that it is MY job, not his. P does not get the fact that it is important for SS to learn from both of us. P gets in the kitchen to cook, and does not take kindly to interruptions. But it seems that he is OK baking with SS, so I will take what I can get.  What matters is that SS and P had kitchen time, and they enjoyed themselves. 

No comments: