Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nakalele Blowhole

After snorkeling we drove to Nakalele Blowhole. It was quite a steep hike and the first one where P carried SS. I panned on carrying SS in the Ergo on my back but P pulled rank and got all preachy about my swollen, sore, hurt knee. Gee, if I can't hurt for my kids, who the heck should I hurt for? P did not even give me a chance to get SS out of her carseat. He unbuckled her and started the hike. The man obviously has trust issues with me. As if I am the sneaky type.

That morning, when we told Grandpa about our plans, he was not happy about us visiting the blowhole. He lost a friend in a blowhole accident a few weeks ago and thought it was a bad idea on our part. That really hurt our feelings and it takes a lot for that to happen. Why would he think we would risk our safety by standing close to the blowhole? Safety is practically our middle names. Anyone who knows us would know that we would never do anything stupid and risk leaving JJ and SS parentless. Our plan was to have JJ and SS stand as close as possible to the blowhole and take their picture. DUH!




















JJ took this picture, we were above him and not interested in more walking. How cool is this heart? It's interesting that the Bible in Maui travel, Maui Revealed, did not mention this. They sure wrote a lot about some insignificant sights.

We wish SS was at least looking at the camera, but after all the swimming and hiking she did on her own power, we can't blame her for being cranky.

No comments: