Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Riding out these colds and conveniently ignoring that we have to unpack.

I think we are about to leave the worst of our colds behind. It is still weird that SS who takes everything so well is as affected by the common cold as I am. It's going to take a long time for me to wrap my brain around that one. How bad was it? We both slept, it was restless sleep but we both went to bed early, we were wiped out. I am sure I am feeling better because I slept from 9:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. last night and could not return to sleep. Yesterday we got out to run a few errands but got only one accomplished. SS asked to come home and that is huge for her since she had a smoothie and a pretzel in her hands at the time. She napped from 5:00 to 7:30 p.m. and P brought her downstairs where I passed out by 9:00 and we all went to bed together. To our surprise SS went back to sleep. Obviously the cold medication had a lot to do with our sleep.

This afternoon SS asked to play outside and lasted almost an hour. She is not coughing as much and is less whinny. SS has been drinking a lot of juice and water but has not been fond of milk and food until today. She had ate a lot for dinner and P rewarded her with ice cream. I am hoping that tomorrow we can get back to our routine and just get out on the water. Then there's the unpacking, well, we do have two weeks before we have to pack again. :)


********************* 8:55 p.m. *************************
SS is out for the night, P was out over an hour ago, and I'm actually feeling better because I am not sleepy at all. Totally looking forward to kicking this cold to the curb for good.







No comments: