Monday, July 09, 2012

Tuga to ya.

We have had a few busy days, and it wore SS down. When we came home Saturday night, I asked SS to change into her pajamas, and she complied without fussing. Weird, because she was wide awake, and that request usually sends her off on a whine fest.  After changing, SS went into her room, and I thought she was going to get comfy and wait for her story, or would play. About three minutes later P came upstairs, looked in on SS and said, "Wow, pizza eating did her in, she's out." That was a pleasant surprise, and very convenient, because we had an 8:30 a.m. practice start. SS slept through the night, and we finally had to wake her up to be able to make it to practice. We missed calisthenics, oh well, what could we do, our daughter needed her sleep. :)

We had a good practice Sunday, even though I had considered sitting it out. I think it is the first time we had a clue about what we were doing. P paddled first, and while I took my turn, SS and P were productive on the sand. They made a beautiful tortuga (turtle), and SS was so inspired that she made a baby tuga next to their creation.  We moved on to fun in the sun, and I was the first one to want to head home. P bought us dinner and we had a mini picnic in the van. SS has developed a taste for Mrs. Knott's fried chicken. Earlier in the day we stopped by the Berry Market, and bought boysenberry punch concentrate, to indulge SS at home.  Since we had water bottles in the van, we made some punch before hitting the water park. 

We don't think SS was done sleeping yesterday morning, because the unthinkable happened again. She was out, in deep sleep before we arrived home. Before Abuela sends me a nastygram (e-mail), her window shade fell off just before we got home, when the picture was taken. The shade is back on, protecting SS's delicate skin.  She opened her eyes for a while when we arrived home, something she always does. When the motion stops, she wakes up. P was able to get her out of her carseat, hold her for a while, and placed her in bed. She was out for good.

I left a batch of chili in the slow cooker. It is something P, JJ and SS all enjoy. It's a very simple recipe, they like it, and since I'm a lousy cook, I take what I can get from them.  P was very pleased with the smell that greeted him when he entered the house. I was patting myself on the back, congratulating myself on being so clever.  That is, until I realized that I needed to let the chili cool off before vacuum sealing it in bags, to be stored in the freezer.   Not so clever when all I wanted was to fall into bed and pull an SS. SS slept thirteen hours and was full of energy this morning. P and I were sore from practice, and still sleepy. Fun in the sun has its drawbacks.

No comments: