Saturday, August 18, 2012

Sweet memories.

SS is now using P's old iPhone as an iPod. When P gave me the laptop I knew it was time to backup our files, and to make sure we did not lose precious memories. We also needed to sync our phones (were unable due to our old technology) and my iPad. On Thursday, P moved and converted our music files from our external hard drive, to the laptop. He then transferred them to our phones and to my pad.We have 4.7 days worth of music. I wanted to transfer them to SS's phone next, but P asked me to wait, because there were pictures and videos in it from a while back. How far back? I was surprised to find a video of SS at the mall with the double decker carousel we visited in Connecticut. That was in July 2009, when SS met her great-grandmother in New York. There were also videos from our visit to Puerto Rico. They are grainy, but they are so precious to us. Sweet memories when SS was a wee one, and we are so thankful for each one, no matter how grainy.

SS is having a sleep over with her grandmothers, and we are supposed to be getting ready to go to a comedy club. That was the plan, dinner, home, shower, change, then comedy club. Instead, we are home. yawning, and trying to make sure we at least make it to 9:00 p.m. Dinner was great, and totally out of character, as we were able to converse. No little girl making sure that the focus was on her all the time. On the drive home we could not stop yawning. As we neared home P said, "You know, all I wanted was time alone with you. We don't have to go to the comedy club, just as long as it is just us home." That was my cue to say that I really wanted to go out, paint the town red, let my hair down, listen to raunchy stand up comedy, live the dream. But right now I am on our sofa posting, watching America's Got Talent, and about to post cute videos of Baby S. God, we are soooooooooooooooooooooooo OLD.



















No comments: