Sunday, January 05, 2014

P's first day off in eleven days.

Yesterday was the last day of P's self-imposed 11 consecutive days of work. He did a heck of a lot better than I expected. His gratification came from knowing that the biggest part of our very short, blink and you'll miss it trip to Maui is paid for. Last night we took it easy, had a nice dinner and watched old 48 Hours and 20/20.  This morning P asked me what I wanted to do, specifically where I wanted to go. It would have been nice to go for a drive, and I a had a few places in mind. But as selfish as I can be I knew he was really tired. My totally loco husband did this so we could enjoy a little getaway, and I'm very grateful.  SS is bursting at the seams at the thought of returning to Chicken Beach.

Our day consisted of not much, more murder mysteries, and we also watched Elysium and Don Jon. The former was meh, the latter was pleasantly good.  I had read some negative reviews, especially how it portrayed Italian Americans, but the slimy Guido redeemed himself at the end. It did not surprise me that P was in bed and dead to the world by 7:00 p.m.  He is going to spend much needed time with SS the next two days.  Just kicking back at home, relaxing and paying attention to his baby. 

SS is enjoying her recliner and about to petition the Olympic committee to add the first sport ever to be in both Summer and Winter Olympics.  SS is going to introduce freestyle reclining, and is busy perfecting ways to use her recliner for anything other than its intended use. 


Oh wow what a concept sitting on your recliner.

I walked in from work Thursday to find SS very comfy doing this.

No comments: