Saturday, November 15, 2008

Guess Who's Up At 4:00 A.M.?

Today, Baby S is 20 months old. and our girl sure was in a hurry to celebrate. Even though it is a Saturday, P has been working some serious long hours this week and is dead tired, Baby S apparently could not wait to get up and see what the big 20-month is all about. She is now (well, we all are) watching N0ggin. Ah to be young and full of energy. Wouldn't it be nice to look half as good at 4:00 a.m.?

My mother (not my Mami) used to say, "Youth is wasted on the young." In my youthful ignorance I thought that was the dumbest thing I had ever heard. Payback is certainly a b*tch, and I owe my mother a huge apology. Abuela, your granddaughter is happily dishing out payback. :)



At approximately 4:30 a.m., I went downstairs to make Baby S a bottle, with high hopes that it would get her back to sleep. Silly me, since it appears that Baby S has made an executive decision to give up the only bottle she takes all day. SIGH... but I digress. While warming up the milk, I hear a very loud game of "Where's Baby S? There she is!" So loud that P could not hear me asking them to pipe down. We do have neighbors and I'm pretty certain that they could not care less about the party going on in our house. I then called P's cell hoping to get his attention, but he and Baby S were so loud he could not hear it ring. When I finally got his attention and mentioned that most people are still in bed at the crack of dawn, P sheepishly said, "Oh, really?" And that is why our daughter is destined to follow her big brother's footsteps into the Smart A$$ Hall of Fame. Truth is they never had a chance with our wonderful role modeling. Consideration for the neighbors aside, it was really nice to hear them so carried away with laughter.


Three and a half hours later...


All is well with the world as Baby S and P return to dreamland. Looks like the Where's Baby S game paid off. Me? I am cursed with the inability to return to sleep, no matter how tired I am.

No comments: