Wednesday, January 28, 2009

S is for stubborn

As I mentioned, I have been taking advantage of Baby S's new found semi-independence to go back over photographs and posting belated posts. Just today I added JJ's visit back in September. The pictures below were taken September 10, after JJ left us. Baby S was restless and fought sleep til the bitter end. I could not get her to relax and she kept insisting on going over every single picture of JJ we have in our living room. We have a big collage with over 40 pictures and most are his. We also have other assorted pictures around the living room. I am ashamed to say that as I type this, we only have the three referral pictures and the Santa picture framed. Oh, wait, there are two framed pictures of JJ and Baby S.

Anyway, to go over all of her brother's pictures takes quite a while. I finally put her down and refused to go over all the pictures again. She stood by the ottoman and cried. I went to the kitchen to get something, walked back and found her out and standing up. And that is the essence of Baby S, she is stubborn. We know that stubborn streak helped her through those 15 months she spent in a SWI and helped her get her needs met. I think we are going to need reinforcements soon.

*****Piggy bank update*****
My mother was shocked to see my piggy bank on the blog. She informed me that she bought it for me when I was 3 years old. Dude, that is one old pig. She never expected the swine to be passed on to two grandchildren born 24 years apart. Funny, both JJ and Baby S were born in the year of the pig.










No comments: