Monday, April 30, 2012

SS meets The Beagle.

After the picnic we headed over to Knott's Berry Farm to process our passes, and let SS get a taste of Camp Snoopy. We had been waiting for so long to provide SS with this opportunity. We are huge Snoopy fans, if inter species marriage was legal I would marry The Beagle and have his children. OK, adopt his children, because I have a very well documented aversion to pregnancy and child birth. Knott's is only twenty five minutes from the Dragon Boat practice site, and on our way home. The plan is to drop by after practices. The pass includes Soak City, a water park, and there are three, Orange County, San Diego and Palm Springs. The water park is going to come in handy when it gets hotter. We can't wait to expose SS to a real water park. Their version of the Lazy Lagoon SS loved so much at Water Works is one third mile long.  SS is going to be in aquatic heaven.  SS is now, along with 99% of Southern Californians, the proud holder of a golden pass.

We had not been in the park for ten minutes when SS scored her first meeting with Snoopy and Peppermint Patty. She had no qualms about walking up and hugging Snoopy.  It's a good thing I noticed the characters because P was about to blow his top, waiting for a dad to get a "good shot" of his wife and son, posing in front of the Camp Snoopy waterfall. P was mumbling something about how no amount of retakes was going to make his ugly son photogenic. My husband managed to out do me in the mean department and cracked me up in the process. While waiting for SS, he spent the afternoon marveling at the outstanding amount of unfortunate looking children. 

SS had a great time and we only had two uh oh moments. The first one was on the Calico Mine ride when we entered darkness. All of a sudden SS is very afraid of the dark. Ironically we had hoped to use the ride to distract her from the Log Ride. We were happily about to get in line, when we noticed there were riders stranded at the top, just before the final plunge. We did not want SS to be put off about the ride (one of our favorites, and one of the few big people rides SS can enjoy), but the dark mine did not have the desired effect. The second oh crud moment happened on the Camp Bus ride, when it elevated SS hung on to me for dear life, with a very tight grasp on my blouse. SS has not hung on to me like that since her early days home.  After soothing reassurance she began to enjoy the ride, but never surrendered her grip on me. A good time was had by all, and we are looking forward to many more afternoons of fun, watching our little spit fire girl exploring the park.

By the way I'm HATING Blogger's new look, it makes posting a freaking nightmare. Wish they had provided the option to remain using the old layout. I don't know if it is my netbook's size, but I can't access all the functions. Can't even find spell check, so sorry for any spelling errors.


SS finally meets The Beagle himself. Love the sheer adoration on P's face.

SS's first ride at Knott's, Red Baron, and she got to pilot Snoopy's favorite plane. 

We were so excited to see SS soaring, just like the big girl she is now. 


A reminder of how petite our five year old is, she can't ride without a parent is a lot of the kiddie rides. SS was dying to get behind the wheel of a race car. Just love the look on her face whenever she experienced a sharp turn. Our SS loves speed.

I went to the restroom and returned to find this picture. SS managed to get another Snoopy picture. She is really digging The Beagle.

Linus caught us off guard when he started to play with SS. 

The character was so nice, actually stopping until P could get this picture. 

The Calico Mine ride went well until we hit darkness, and SS unraveled. We won't be trying this ride again for a long time.

SS is one weird bird, while she hung on tight to her Baba, she would look back when the ride started to turn. As much as I love rides, looking back would just make me hurl. Who knew SS would turn out to
have such a strong stomach.

 
SS was disappointed that this ride was not fast enough for her taste. 



P had a blast hoking the horns, gladly two fisting them. 

Another ride designed to get you kid tired. This is completely kid fueled, and our tiny SS did a great job of huffing and puffing her way to the finish line.



This ride was my turn to keep SS company. She cracked me up because she acted as though she was was tripping.

 
SS initially said no to this ride, so I was not pleased when P sked her to try it later. I am so glad that the older kid on the right got SS's attention and that made her relax. On the video you can see her initial panic, that made me hold my breath. But she ended up really enjoying the ride.



P finally gets the picture he wanted since we entered the park. I have always wanted to climb up to the canoe for a picture, but there are always employees nearby, and my agile days are long gone. Maybe I can get SS up there one of these days.

This is one odd/cool bike,and SS could not resist striking a pose. 

Of course no fun filled day is complete without a K injury. We were hydrating and getting ready to drive home, when P did not see my gigantic self, and closed the back van door on my head. It hurt like a mother trucker and gave me the biggest instant bump I have ever had.

No comments: