Saturday, May 02, 2009

I found a frame, and just in time.

Sorry, not feeling like posting much today. We hung around, went to the $100 store, went to a grand opening, then came back home. What is it with the rain? Totally cramps our style. We are sun people, we need it, like some people need crack.

BTW, have I mentioned that our daughter is a Faker from Fakesville? That girl can fake cry so well it is scary. Good thing that we can spot it right away, and do not let her manipulate us.

She was annoyed because P and I were trying to get a good picture of her with our old, slow phones. We attended the grand opening of our local Tr@der J0e's. It is a Hawaiian themed store, and SS had a blast. SS totally rocked her tiny hiney to the music.


This is the collage I referred to in a previous post. P informed me that I put it together seven years ago. It was a really difficult time in my life, as I woke up in the middle of the night, unable to move the left side of my my body. It took me a full year to regain only 80% of my mobility. I went from doing curls with 25 pound barbels in each hand, to struggling with 1 pound barbels. I scoffed when my physical therapist suggested 2 pound barbels as a start and not to be upset if I could not handle them. I could not lift them at all. So I had to get the puny one pounders. I still have them, but tell the few people that have seen them that they are SS's, to get her into free weights. I keep them around as a reminder of how quickly things can and do change. I took my laptop, printer and scanner to the living room, and spent all night getting this thing together. I did it with only one hand and am darn proud of myself. :) Whatever you do, DO NOT look or focus at the picture of P and I at the waterfall. Dear gawd, we were parents, what the heck were we thinking.



Wally Mart was the last place we tried. We not only found a frame, but we found THE FRAME. It is the same one we had. I think I got the first one at BBB, but who knows? Anyhoo, I now can use both hands, and I won't be printing the pics at home. I can't wait to see the kids' pictures side by side. Also, I probably misrepresented JJ's collage. It's not solely about him, but about our journey as a family.

No comments: