Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bath time bubbles.

Baby S woke up yesterday requesting to play with bubbles. Don't you love it when your child is obsessed with something? I had some house things to take care of in the morning, but assured her that we would play with bubbles after running errands in the afternoon.

When I opened the door, eager to get my errands done, Baby S ran ahead of me and began to play with her slide. She usually needs help navigating that one step between the door and freedom. Not yesterday, she took the plunge and made a run for it. Baby S was determined to get her outside play time and could not care less about errands. I had the most difficult time prying her from her slide. Then our little agent provocateur made the simple act of securing her into her carseat into an almost insurmountable task. If Baby S tackles the everyday problems of life, love and her education in the same manner, she will be one successful adult.

Wrangling her into her carseat made me feel like I was a contestant in a rodeo. We managed to accomplish what we set out to do, but Baby S fell asleep on the way home. She did not even wake up when I got her out of her carseat. Another one of those baby steps, because she used to wake up right away. I considered waking her up, but she was up early and really needed a nap.

Since guilt is my middle name, I felt bad about Baby S missing outside time and most important, bubble time. P and I made it up to her during her bath and just brought the bubbles inside. Do not be fooled by these pictures, because just half an hour before they were taken, Baby S had a major meltdown. Thankfully the mere mention of a bath or a shower stops her in he tracks. :)

We had a lot of fun watching her play. That's the great thing about children, they take such joy in the simplest of things.









No comments: