Saturday, July 18, 2009

I did it my way (or so she thinks).

This morning, I took advantage that P could watch SS and began to clean the van. It is surprising and embarrassing how much crap one accumulates when toting a kid around. Add the water park and the pool, and you get one big, and sometimes wet mess. P came outside, followed by SS, and insisted on helping. We brought SS's nutritious breakfast outside (a giant jojo potato and milk) and set to work. It was 6:30 a.m. and 70 degrees (we are expecting a high of 109), so we wanted to hurry before it got too hot.

Soon, SS began whining and asking to be held in that urgent "Oh my G0d you better pick me up or I'm going to DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" way. Mindful that there were people still in bed and that we had a lot to do, I said "If you are gong to whine, you need to go inside." I turned around, fully expecting
Mt. SS to erupt in a flow of tears and full blown tantrum. Instead there was silence, until I heard P laugh. He directed my attention towards the house, and there was precious SS, marching her diapered tiny hiney inside. She went to the living room, picked up her crayons and colored. I guess she really needed to whine and it appears that she has the ability to listen. Still, in SS's mind, we are sure she thinks "I did it my way." Two is the new thirteen, and we are fearing thirteen.

Taken yesterday:

Just my size.

Can I take it home? P likes this picture (as if he dislikes any of her) because he thinks it shows off her cheeks. SS had no cheekage when we met a year ago.

SS really loved this train set, and I had to drag her away. Wish we had the space for one, but that is not going to happen soon.

Today:

Up at 6:00 a.m., out by 7:50 a.m. SS fell asleep with her usual friends and added a Parque de Bombas replica. Abu brought it with her in March, and lately SS has taken a keen interest in it. P can't wait for SS to visit the actual place and see her expression, when she connects the dots between what she has in her hand and what is in front of her. I really have to stop taking pictures with my phone when I have two cameras readily available.



No comments: