Saturday, September 19, 2009

"Mommy hold me."

That's what I heard through SS's monitor at 2:50 a.m.

SS went to sleep at 6:30 p.m. yesterday. P went on a burrito run (he can eat that stuff daily) and SS was rather upset. She cried herself to sleep, but it did not escalate into a full blown tantrum. P tried to wake her up upon his return, but SS cried and went back to sleep. P and I fell asleep downstairs (a sectional is a good investment), and I heard SS stir at 2:45 a.m. Five minutes later I heard her sweet voice saying "Mommy hold me." P is a sound sleeper so I did not think he heard her. When I brought her downstairs, P said "She called out for you." Yep, after two days of hell, that sweet request was really soothing for both of us. We fed SS noodles and by 4:00 a.m. SS was back in dreamland. By the way, SS calls me Mama and Mom (when JJ is here). She has a Leapfrog toy that has a Mommy, Daddy and Baby cube. She's been playing with it a lot lately, and we think that is where the Mommy thing came from.

We had a lazy day, going to the Mall and to the yearly Humane Society fund raiser. SS and I went last year and she met Gunner the Clydesdale. Today, SS was OK with Gunner, until he decided to nudge SS's back. I was taking pictures, realized P did not have a clue and yelled, "Baby move her away." P reacted just in time to have Gunner slobber all over his arm. I thought it had happened on SS's back and was mortified. We got a few laughs when P showed me his slobber covered arm, and once I saw that SS was dry I said, "OK, as long as it is you and not our baby." Bad, bad wife.

We also visited a gymnastic facility that has drop in time for little ones during the week (11-Noon). I was bummed when I realized that P would miss out once again. We decided that SS would attend twice a week (one hour sessions). P is going to go to work two hours earlier in order to be there to watch SS. We stayed for a while and SS really got into all the jumping. She was jumping on the bleachers (we held her) like her life depended on it. Hopefully this will make up a little for the lack of water time. SS had a great day, and capped it off by having quite a big dinner. We are starting the slow down leading to bed process now.

Brenda, thank you so much for your kindness and understanding. It means a lot to us.

How many pictures can someone post of their sleeping child? After the last two days, it is soothing to see SS in peaceful slumber. It is also a great reminder of how blessed we are. Yes, even through all this.

Every year Gunner the Clydesdale makes an appearance to help raise funds for the Humane Society. I can't believe that SS and I were there last year and I do not have a single picture. Probably because P was not with us.

P and SS also looked at some dogs waiting to be adopted. Not sure we like the term adopted, but whatever.

This is as close as SS would get to Gunner. Although she loved the Budweiser Clydesdales last May, it seems to be from afar.

It's so cute the way she is holding her hands behind her back. Baba, touch Gunner all you want, but my hands are staying back here.Abu, P thoroughly disinfected his hands after touching the horse.

We have tried to get a picture of SS in front of this darn fountain since we arrived home. Maybe one these days. No idea why it scares her.

SS was totally enthralled by the roller hockey demonstration at the Mall. We can see her years from now, decked out in her gear, body checking boys left and right.

Head tilting is very in right now.

Tiny Trouble

Did you know that today is talk like a pirate day?

No comments: