Saturday, September 26, 2009

We had a really long day (Part 2).

By the time we arrived at the Plaza, it was 107 degrees. We were as elated as SS was at the sight of the water fountains. Also, unknown to us, they were hosting Pastels on the Plaza day.

Hello my old friend, long time no see.

Come on guys, drop the cameras and join me.

Who can resist such a request coming from this pretty face?

We put away the cameras and cell phones and joined SS, before she got soaked. We took plenty of pictures last time. We had a good time chasing after her. That is, until I looked for P and saw him on the periphery of the fountain (SS and I were right in the middle). I walked over to him, and he whispered something in my ear. I called him on it this evening, and P insisted I would have done the same. Don't think so buddy. You'd think your husband would have the courtesy of advising you that it is not a good idea to get soaked, while wearing a very thin top, and an equally thin bra. You know, instead of standing there staring. I was mortified.

After that we walked around to take a look the very talented work on display. SS was very drawn to the vibrant colors and tried to step on one of the works. I caught her just in time. She did study each one longer than expected. We think SS made the connection of her chalk play and what the artists were doing and was fascinated.










P's favorite.





Chess anyone?


The van? They could not get to the fuel gauge problem and we have to return next Friday. Waking up at an ungodly hour again, drive there, return home in the midget car. Then I drive P to work, take SS to gymnastics, pick up P for lunch, drop him off, return for him at 5:00 p.m. I don't know about you, but it sounds like everyone is going to be all smiles on Friday. I don't know when is the last time P and I shared a car. At least we are going to wait until Saturday to pick up the van. We'll have to look for more ways to amuse SS.

The next stop was shopping, and P introduced SS to the concept of a body tattoo. I'm keeping this picture bookmarked for future reference. As when SS comes home with her first real tattoo and P goes ballistic. Not that anyone cares or is counting, but this is SS's third wardrobe change of the day.


I was separated from P and SS for a while and met them at the register. I asked P about the sticker on SS's dress. He told me that it was on the cart and SS appropriated it. P had not read what it said. Yes SS you are a toddler. Cute.

We arrived home shortly before 6:00 p.m. and to 110 degrees of dry heat. The high today was 111, and the record for this date is 112. By 7:30 P began telling (whining) me that he was beat. He then asked, "am I that old?" No sympathy from me, because I am that old. P and SS were out by 9:00 p.m. Tomorrow we are going to treat SS to a close look at one her new interests.

No comments: