Monday, March 23, 2009

A nice walk along the river.

We went for a walk this morning, and once again, the weather let us down. Dude, it was COLD. And genius that I am, I was wearing shorts. SS and Abu were appropriately attired. We spent three hours walking, taking pictures and looking at the ducks.

Abu was floored by SS's social butterfly tendencies. My daughter said hi to everyone that walked by. Abu asked if she's always this way. You betcha, the girl is a greeting machine. She asked me if it is difficult for us to get so much attention, since P and I are inherently shy (I didn't think she had noticed). Yes it is, very freaking difficult, and strange. We are not anti social, but we are not used to be approached by strangers. I am not kidding when I state, that since meeting SS, P and I have talked to more strangers, than in our entire lives. Maybe SS will slow down as she gets older. She walked up to a little boy, that seemed to be about one, as though she's known him all her life. The boy was clearly overwhelmed and sought comfort from his grandmother. SS means well, but we have to instill the concept of personal space. :)

SS woke up on the proverbial wrong side of the bed. That is quite an accomplishment, since she sleeps sandwiched between us. SS is so clingy and needy. Abu feels bad, but realizes that she's only been home for nine months. It takes time to develop a sense of security. Since SS's routine was turned upside down, it is normal for her to react by being unsettled.

When SS fell asleep, I waited for the snoring to begin, then moved her to her room. P took quite a beating from her last night, and was hoping for more restful sleep. I placed her on Abu's bed, and SS became hysterical. I thought feeling Abu next to her would bring comfort. Apparently only her Mama is capable of that now. It is now 12:35 a.m.and she is in between us. I think it's going to take a few weeks before she is ready to return to her crib.

"My future's so bright, I got to wear shades." These shades went to China and SS would have nothing to do with them. Same when we came home, then today, what do you know, shades are OK. She did not leave them on for long. She just likes to wear them on her forehead.

Abu finally was able to walk on SS's favorite bridge.


Looking for ducks.

There they are!

"This is the life. Abu, would you move in and become my personal assistant?"

Not happy to be back in the stroller.

No comments: