Tuesday, April 21, 2009

SS had a long day.

SS and I left home at 8:00 a.m. and did not return until 3:00 p.m. We left early for our walk, because today is play group day. We were having a nice walk, until I was harassed by the sun police. You know how China is notorious for their clothing police? Well, those ladies were nasty, more like the sun N@zis. They yelled at me for having my daughter out on the sun. First, mind your own d@mn business. Second, you do not know my child. When the sun is bothering her, she screams like a banshee, closes her eyes, and says "eyes, OW." She also had two hats and her sunglasses in the stroller, easily within her reach. She can put her hat on and says "help Mama," when she needs her sunglasses. I so wanted to tell them to f*** off, but Mami and Papi taught me to respect my elders.

After our walk, SS enjoyed the chaos that is her play group. She tried a few new toys, a tricycle and a car were the clear winners. We might have to get her the car, she loved it.


After play group, we went to see SS's new buddies, the fish. It was feeding time, what better fun that to watch fish in a feeding frenzy. When the worms were thrown in, SS exclaimed, "NU NUS" (noodles). So when P asked me if I wanted to go out to lunch, we settled on Thai food. SS LOVED the Pad Thai noodles with chicken. No hanging on to food in her mouth, no slow eating. Our girl stuffed her little face. We took home a good portion for dinner. I'm going to have to learn how to make them.

Hi guys, remember me? (Cute dress by Grandpa, cute shoes by the Abus)

Yes, it's me, your new best friend.

After lunch we went shopping, where SS once more made me regret exposing her to the public. At the store, I heard a voice approaching us stating, "She's beautiful, she's beautiful." It was a deep and loud voice. The man caught up with us to look at SS, and I wondered if he was a bit slow, or just dorky. He said hi to SS, and I think his voice and volume made her hesitate, so I told her that it was OK. At this point the man laughed. OK, I have to describe it, so the best I can say is imagine the dorkiest laugh you have ever heard. SS then said hi, in a very deep voice, that I have never heard from her. She then laughed, imitated his laugh perfectly. I froze in place, totally embarrassed, and also impressed by her imitation. SS made quite the impression on the people around us, as some were chuckling or stifling their laughter.

When I got to the car, I called P to advise him of his daughter's latest stunt. My husband did not let me down. He laughed his a$$ off, while telling me how proud he is of his SS. P also asked me to give her a kiss for him.

SS fell asleep on the way home, but only napped for half an hour. SS requested more nu nus, and proceeded to inhale the lunch leftovers. I took her outside to tire her out, but no nap. We were still outside when P came home from work, and we did not make it inside until 7:00 p.m. SS had a relaxing bubble bath and called it a night at 8:00 p.m. Tomorrow, we are going to walk at our normal time, to avoid the sun N@zis.

Baba taught SS how to bounce a ball against the wall.

Quick study.

Staring contest.




No comments: